A £26 million regeneration commissioned by Select Property Group to develop and deliver a student residential development comprising of 357 high quality studios with contemporary amenity and hub space. The development, on the former BBC Pebble Mill Sports Ground which forms part of the Environment Agency (EA) flood protection works, required careful co-ordination with the EA’s works to ensure the development, new substation and infrastructure were protected during a potential flood event.
This is a fast track program on a logistically challenging site in close proximity to the river. Furthermore the building is a wrap around 5 story building with a courtyard to the centre reducing the space available. Program and sequencing of all aspects are critical to working in such a tight environment.
We were brought in by long term clients Morgan Sindall to manage the groundworks aspects of the project. This comprised –
- Reduce level and construction on piling mat
- New drainage system including 450m3 attenuation tank – design submitted by JAB
- Reinforced ground beams and pile caps – 70tonnes of cut and bent bar with insitu holding down bolts
- All works to included gas membrane installation and validation , designed by JAB
- New concrete floor slabs , formwork to all sides and high tolerance finish – plus or minus 5mm over 3m
- Internal lift pits
- Installation of tower crane bases
- New service infrastructure
- Preparation of external roads and hard standings