Client – G F Tomlinson
Project – Liberty Park
Location – Lichfield, Birmingham
Value – £1.6m
J A Burke have recently completed the groundworks package to the first phase of the 30-acre site, adjacent to the A38 in Lichfield for our Client G F Tomlinson.
This phase saw the project deliver two units, circa 115,000 sq ft and 48,000 sq ft, of industrial and logistics accommodation. The units comprise of 10m internal height, 50KNm2 floor loading, 230 combined car parking spaces, 17 lorry spaces and the units are expected to achieve an EPC ‘A’ rating and a BREEAM rating of ‘very good’.
The development is situated approximately 14 miles north of Birmingham, providing speedy access to the A38 and the M6 motorways. The site is adjacent to Lichfield Trent Valley train station, with mainline links to London and cross-country links on the Midland’s rail network.
J A Burke undertook the groundworks package which included;
- Concrete foundations
- On site drainage including 6.5m deep foul pumping station to Severn Trent Water adoptable standard
- Below ground infrastructure for services
- Concrete floors to building mezzanine levels
- External hard landscaping and prep for final surface finishes
- 9500m2 external concrete yards; incl sub base prep, DPM and steel reinforcement, formwork and pouring with Brush finish
All works carried out on a full labour, plant and material basis including supervision and engineering