J A Burke completed a phased program of works to hand over parts of the St Nicholas leisure centre in Warwick so that access to the facility was kept to a maximum whilst work was carried out.
This was a sensitive project with our working within a live park environment and having to use the public carpark as the only access to the site.
Environmental considerations were paramount with tree protection and the desire to re-use as many materials as possible important to the project.
St Nicholas Leisure Centre – Extension and Refurbishment of Existing
We were very keen to work on this project as it was a good opportunity to work on an environmentally important build.
We take commitment to the environment seriously and on this project were able to demonstrate our expertise in recovering and reusing building materials. This saved costs on the development, waste and transport costs, not to mention disruption to the public as the site is adjacent to a public park and we also wanted to keep as much of the leisure centre accessible to the public during the build as possible.
- Client – Speller Metcalfe
- Ground works Contract Value – 750k
- Completion April 2018
Scope of Works
- Reduce level dig and topsoil strip
- Reinforced foundations and beams
- 35t of reinforcement
- Formwork system to all ground beams
- Concrete retaining walls and Lift pit – Building on a split level
- Concrete power floated floor slabs
- Concrete upstand beams on ground and upper floors
- In situ stair cases and self-supporting concrete ramp entrance – design by JAB
- Water proofing system to walls and floors
- New drainage works and alterations to existing
- Polyadvisory channels within new changing rooms
- Connections to existing culvert and foul drains
- New service works and alterations to existing
- Form new entrance way
- Re modelling of landscaped areas
- Paving and Kerbing works including alterations to existing paths and roads
- Street furniture / bollards / cycle shelter slab