J A Burke completed a large and comprehensive groundworks project for Newman University on the ‘live’ campus.
We were brought in to prepare the ground and provide new service infrastructure in readiness to create new teaching blocks and almost 300 bedrooms as part of a £22 million regeneration of the university and campus.
Groundworks project as part of £22 million regeneration of university and campus
Newman University – New Accommodation
We were very pleased to be involved with the £22 million regeneration of Newman University.
J A Burke was appointed to prepare the ground for the build and provide new service infrastructure on the ‘live’ campus.
- Morgan Sindall
- Groundworks package £550k
- October 2017
Scope of Works
- Piling mats
- Mass fill foundations
- Power float floor slabs
- Lift pits and service pits
- Lift pits and formwork to slab edges
- New drainage works
- Service infrastructure including works through live campus
- External works to car parks including sustainable urban drainage systems (SUDS)
- Extension to existing building – The Sturge
- Reinforced in situ retaining wall
- Power float slab on varying levels with in-built ramped access